In today's workplace, you can have up to five different generations working together. How do you adapt your organisation to engage all the generations and ensure you have high performing teams?
Here are 5 Tips to Integrating the Generations
- Set up Mentoring Programs with employees from different generations.
- "Reverse" Mentoring where younger generations mentor older generations. This empowers the younger generation while enabling the older generation to adapt to new technologies and ways of working.
- Communication is imperative! Ensuring your organisation has regular team meetings, frequent 121's, formal gatherings, corporate communications, constant feedback and coaching.
- Organisations need to consider stage of life when inspiring and incentivising these different generations.
- Create a collaborative work environment where different generations can work together on projects or teams. This will allow them to leverage their different working styles and strengths while building a high performance culture.